McCorry Privacy Statement
As one of our core values we adopted an Environmental Purchasing Policy from day one. We pledged that we would trade in products that were sourced from environmentally responsible suppliers, be they wood processors or forest concessionaires. To achieve this, McCorry obtained a FSC® Chain of Custody (CoC) certification (FSC-C137020). In addition, McCorry is participating with Global Forestry Services (GFS) in their Wood Tracking program.
Environmental Purchasing Policy
The McCorry Group is committed to reducing the environmental impacts caused by its operations as a supplier and a producer of predominantly timber-based products for various industries.
We recognize our responsibility to the staff, the local community and to the wider community including customers and suppliers, to operate in a socially, environmentally conscious and responsible manner by:
- Working with others to ensure the development and operation of a sustainable forest industry. For Controlled Wood, we strictly exclude:
- Illegal harvested wood;
- Natural forest that has been converted to plantations or non-forest use;
- Threatened High Conservation Value Forests;
- Traditional or civil rights violation;
- Genetic modified trees
- Committing to responsible purchasing of products. McCorry Group participate and continue to receive certification from;
- Global Forestry Trade Network (WWF GFTN);
- Global Forestry Services Inc (GFS);
- Forest Stewardship Council A.C (FSC®)
- Meeting or exceeding regulatory requirements and government policy;
- Supporting certification principles and criteria and the certification of its supply sources. The Group through its subsidiary, McCorry & Co. Ltd. is a FSC® accredited.
- Promoting research and development (R&D) to improve yields and produce higher quality products by applying new technology. R&D initiatives are focused on reducing stress on forests and the environment;
- Dealing with suppliers who are environmentally conscious and responsible. Any suppliers that cannot document their products will be phase out from our Good Suppliers List;
- Actively supporting suppliers in setting reforestation policy and getting credible certification;
- Conducting regular performance audits to ensure that environmental commitments have been met or exceeded
- McCorry Group supports the concepts of Carbon Neutral Wood and is actively pursuing certification